I’m looking to hire a BBj developer in the Omaha, NE area. The official IDE is Eclipse with a plugin, but we’ll be switching to Ultra Edit very soon.
Finally, I found the formulas that seemed to be causing the problem.
They were SUMIF formulas that referred to a named range on another worksheet.
I also tried a macro that did a full calculation, and that didn’t work either. Next I wrote a macro that replaced all the “=” signs at the start of all formulas in the workbook.
This has a similar effect to manually selecting a cell, clicking in formula bar and pressing the Enter key, to recalculate the cell.
Why that worked, I have no idea, but if you run into a similar problem, maybe it will help you too.
Of course, this solution could stop working again, at the next lunar eclipse!
We tried using the Calculation shortcuts, including Ctrl Alt Shift F9 (that one recalculates everything, and starts your car).
However, none of the shortcuts had any effect on the non-calculating cells in this workbook.
Or, go to the Excel Options window, and click Formulas.
Even if the Calculation option is set for Manual, you can use a Ribbon command or keyboard shortcut to force a calculation.
Below are archived posts from the Mr Excel Message Board about Microsoft Excel VBA.