And besides, "What guy doesn't want to lower the guy-girl ratio of his Facebook friends a little?
Dating a guy with add
I spent 30 minutes talking to this guy on my soccer team at the bar - should I friend request him? These questions may seem overanalytical, but they plague many of us nonetheless.
I've been Gchatting a lot with my co-worker - should I friend request him? What does he think when he receives my friend request? Facebook is a relatively new reality in the dating scene, and the rules of gender politics, along with the Do's and Don'ts of online etiquette, haven't quite been decided yet. And as with all innovations in the post-dating world, the rules were hazy and the opinions were scattered. That they're going to interpret your friend request as a subtle - but clear - sign of romantic interest.
It’s not like some problems where people lie or are deceitful,'' says Steven Safren, Ph D, director of behavioral medicine in the department of psychiatry at Massachusetts General Hospital. Consider this: The condition often causes people to forget things they’re told.
And that can lead to major problems in relationships.
The best way to get some male perspective on the inevitable intersection of Facebook and Romance? But there is definitely something that we women can learn here. Who says that men can't pick up on indirect signals?
"Guys generally think of it as a slightly flirty move when a girl Facebooks him," explains Andy, an entrepreneur in New York City.
"Look, there's a 95% chance that he isn't worth a lick if he didn't have the courage to get your phone number, but there's always that 5% chance. Facebook him." At our very cores, both modern men women are adjusting to shifting gender roles and the ever-increasing empowerment of women in the Millennial generation. Guys like to know where they stand too - especially those of us who are more timid when it comes to the opposite sex." And if you never make it out of friend purgatory?
"For the girl, I have to imagine it's the least worst form of rejection if the guy doesn't accept her friend request," offers Brad. Friend request that cute guy and then let the ball sit in his court! We might as well reach out and see who wants to be a part of it.
"You've let him know you're interested, without being too aggressive." Agrees Jordan, a 26-year-old consultant, "If a girl takes the initiative to friend request you, it's clear that she's putting herself on the line.