Though the timeline refers to bans by state statute and constitutional amendment, the map of same-sex marriage bans only includes constitutional amendments and not state statutes.
Adult sex dating in dorchester nebraska
The ruling will not take effect immediately because the court gives the losing side roughly three weeks to ask for reconsideration.
But some state officials and county clerks might decide there is little risk in issuing marriage licenses to same-sex couples.
Its replacement was itself demolished and replaced in the mid 19th century by the present church in the early 14th-century Gothic style from the designs of Benjamin Ferrey; the foundation stone was laid in 1843 (see below). North Square North Square, formerly Bull Stake, formed part of the old market area. Inside are some remains of stud-and-panel partitions. 13 and 14, are of rubble with brick fronts, and have mansard roofs. wall when the mill was built in the late 18th century. The front of the main range was originally symmetrical and in the simple late Georgian style. side, of two storeys and of brick with a thatched roof, was built in the early 19th century. (167) Ridge-and-furrow (690902) in Fair Field covers 2 acres; broad ridges about 11 yds.
aisle is two-centred and of three orders, the inner order dying out on the responds and the two outer orders continuous; the bases have a double chamfer. doorway has moulded and shafted jambs and a two-centred head of three moulded orders under a gabled and crocketed hood-mould framing a trefoiled circular panel. In each face of the third stage is a window of two lights with tracery in a two-centred head of three continuous chamfered orders under a label with headstops. wall, (1) of Matthew Chubb (1617), of stone (Plate 12), with recumbent civilian effigy on tomb-chest enriched with strapwork panels on the front in wall-tabernacle setting, tabernacle with Corinthian side-columns on pedestals supporting heavy entablature enriched with stylised flowers and faceted panels and with three mask brackets supporting mitred projections of the dentil-cornice, all framing enriched round-headed wall-recess with carved architrave and angels blowing trumpets in the spandrels, the inscription-tablet in a strapwork frame in the recess; erected 1625. Floor-slabs: In nave, (1) of Samuel Slade, 1776, Edith his wife, 1815, and another; (2) of . The ground-floor windows and the middle window on the first floor have round heads with stone keys and plain impost blocks; the five other windows have flat gauged-brick heads with stone keys. 1657; weatherings in the gable-end chimneys suggest that the building was heightened at this date.
The principal remains of the Roman period are in Colliton Park, where the foundations of one of several houses excavated in 1937–9 are permanently exposed. 1832 shows the latter name restricted to the portion running E. (115) 'King's Arms Tap', public house, of two storeys with tiled roofs, was built in the early 19th century and may originally have been a stable building. They contain, among other small 18th-century houses, the following: (116) House, No.
Many tessellated pavements, plain or decorated, have been found but little has been recorded of the buildings to which they belonged and none of the public buildings has been identified. The chancel arch is two-centred and of two orders; the moulded inner order is supported on attached circular shafts with moulded caps and bases; the cavetto-moulded outer order is continuous. by 15 ft.) flanking the chancel are single-bay continuations of the N. aisles of the nave, being demarcated therefrom by two-centred archways of two orders similar in design to the chancel arch though smaller. to join Acland Road; the rest is simply 'Back Lane'. side was not built up until the late 19th century; on the W. Peter and formerly the rectory, has walls of stone. 8 Glyde Path Hill, built as two dwellings, is of two storeys and attics and of brick with roofs of tile with stone-slated verges. Other Earthworks and Allied Monuments (168–171) Round Barrows, p.
This free content was digitised by double rekeying and sponsored by English Heritage. SY 79 SW) Dorchester, the County Town and a municipal borough, stands on the right bank of the river Frome and now includes within its boundaries the parish of Fordington. The parish of Fordington extended all round the town except where the river forms the boundary; part of it was brought within the borough in was occupied from the mid 1st century A. window is of four lights with net tracery in a two-centred head. wide) is of four bays, otherwise they are generally alike and contain two-light windows similar to those in the N. Syth's Lane, London, to the poor after the death of Mary his wife, who died 1681, wall tablet of wood with shaped frame and cartouche containing traces of the painted arms of Gape, 17th-century. In nave, of freestone, octagonal, with ogee-headed panels on each face framing trefoil-headed sinkings, on each angle a large blank shield, probably 1843. wall are of old rubble masonry and contain mullioned windows which have been heightened; in the Library is also from the old school, and probably of the early 17th century.
The old town, bounded by the Roman walls, formed an irregular quadrilateral with the N. D., perhaps initially as a fort, and was defended some time after A. 130 with an earth bank and ditch enclosing 70–80 acres. The modern font-cover incorporates a globe and dove said to be from the former sounding-board of the pulpit. window, figures under canopies in the main lights, of Moses, St. John and Elias, with the figure of the donor, Edward Denison, Bishop of Salisbury (1837–54), in the foot of the centre light, and scenes from the life of Christ in that of the other lights and in the tracery. It is of oak, in two stages, and divided into five bays.
Pages 104-132An Inventory of the Historical Monuments in Dorset, Volume 2, South east. aisle is a doorway with moulded jambs and two-centred head with a moulded label with head-stops. by 13 ft.) is of three stages, with a later broach spire. At the wall-head is a moulded cornice on corbels supporting an octagonal stone spire with broaches bringing it to the square; on the cardinal faces are three tiers of gabled dormer windows. wall, recording gift by William Gape, late of the parish of St. Paul with angel and children, reset, probably the window given by the children of the congregation to the new church, 1843. The curb stones for the front railings remain but the ironwork has been removed. They are built in a distinctive pale orange-coloured brick laid in Flemish bond with dressings of a dark red brick and have an eaves cornice at the wall-head. 17, was brought from a building the remains of which stand in Colliton Street (Monument 112); it is two-centred and has a continuous roll-moulding in the head and jambs; early 14th-century. 18, has on the street front a stone tablet inscribed W. The roof is carried on scarfed upper-cruck trusses. Some fragments of the school buildings remain: reset in the W.
Originally published by Her Majesty's Stationery Office, London, 1970. Paul, Covent Garden, of £5 out of his properties in St. tower, square bowl, each face with arcading of round-headed sunk panels, 12th-century, disused. Inside, the principal rooms have moulded plaster cornices and an upper room retains an original iron firegrate. The doorways, at opposite ends of the two houses, have semicircular heads of two rings of brickwork. Thorough remodelling in modern times includes the further heightening of the front wall. front is a 17th-century stone oriel window of three lights with hollow-chamfered mullions and canted side lights; the two lower storeys of the N.
A stone wall was later added but it had largely disappeared by . In the lower stage the bays are divided by columns on pedestal bases standing free in front of pilasters and carrying an enriched entablature; between the pilasters is moulded panelling with round-headed doorways in the second and fourth bays. wall of the store a mediaeval archway with roll-moulded two-centred head and jambs was removed and reset in No. Durngate Street Durngate Street, parallel with High East Street, is shown in Hutchins' map of 1771 as being almost completely built up on both sides. side was cleared in 1786 for the building of Wollaston House (Monument 24).